It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… Christmas at Disney World is truly special. Holiday decorations start to spring up throughout the parks and resorts shortly after Halloween. In 2022, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will be finally returning to the Magic Kingdom! Epcot will see the return of the International Festival Of The Holidays. And while Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom don’t have “official” events or festivals, they both provide guests with holiday experiences that only Disney can create.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Planning a Disney World vacation in 2023? Be sure to check out our guide to all that the Walt Disney World Resort has to offer this year including the opening of TRON Lightcycle Run Roller Coaster, updated nighttime spectaculars, and more!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is returning to Magic Kingdom on select nights from November 8 through December 22!
Here are just some of the things you can expect at this year’s party:
- The ticketed party will take place on 24 select nights.
- November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
- December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22
- It will be held after normal park hours from 7:00 PM to midnight.
- Guests can enter with a party ticket as early as 4:00 PM. In other words, you do NOT need a park ticket or a park reservation for the day unless you want to enter the park prior to 4:00 PM.
- Entertainment for the party includes:
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration (castle stage show)
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show on the Rockettower Plaza Stage
- Club Tinsel (dance party!)
- Disney Junior Jingle Jam (dance party for the youngsters in Storybook Circus)
- Character greetings with characters dressed in their holiday best
- A festive holiday overlay on The Jungle Cruise (which is also available during non-party hours)
- Party exclusive transformations of Tomorrowland Speedway, Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa
- A range of holiday treats and drinks (available for purchase)
- Special Disney PhotoPass opportunities
- A holiday-themed special 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake
Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, including Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green, can begin purchasing tickets as early as June 30. Guests not staying on Disney property can begin purchasing tickets on July 7. Ticket prices will range from $149 to $199, depending on the date of your ticket. (Disney Vacation Club and Annual Passholders can receive a $10 discount on their tickets.)
Epcot International Festival Of The Holidays
Have you ever wondered what it was like to celebrate the holidays elsewhere around the world? Featuring traditions from around the globe, including some incredible cuisine and holiday treats, this festival is certainly to put you in the holiday spirit. This year’s festival will take place from November 25 through December 30.
This yearly festival offers some unique holiday entertainment including a celebrity-hosted Candlelight Processional. Showing nightly at 5:15 PM, 7:00 PM, and 8:30 PM at the America Gardens Theatre, here’s a look at this year’s celebrity narrators:
- Simu Liu: November 25 – 26, 2022
- Chita Rivera: November 27 – 29, 2022
- Raul Esparza: November 30 – December 1, 2022
- Whoopi Goldberg: December 2 – December 3, 2022
- Isabella Rossellini: December 4 – December 6, 2022
- Daymond John: December 7 – December 9, 2022
- Josh Gad: December 10 – December 12, 2022
- Gloria Estefan: December 13 – December 14, 2022
- Neil Patrick Harris: December 15 – December 18, 2022
- Mariska Hargitay: December 19 – December 20, 2022
- Cal Ripken Jr: December 21 – December 23, 2022
- Marie Osmond: December 24 – December 26, 2022
- Courtney Vance: December 27 – December 28, 2022
- Angela Bassett: December 29 – December 30, 2022
This year, guests are also able to book Candlelight Processional Dining Packages. There are eight different table service locations to choose from, and each package included:
- An appetizer, entrée, and dessert OR one (1) full buffet (where applicable), along with a non-alcoholic beverage
- One guaranteed seat per person to a Candlelight Processional performance held on the same day
Here were the participating locations and pricing for 2022:
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Norway Pavilion): $79 per adult; $51 per child
- Biergarten Restaurant (Germany Pavilion): $65 per adult; $37 per child
- Coral Reef Restaurant (The Living Seas): $74 per adult; $30 per child
- Garden Grill Restaurant (The Land Pavilion): $71 per adult; $46 per child
- Le Cellier Steakhouse (Canada Pavilion): $100 per adult; $39 per child
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue (American Adventure Pavilion): $40 (same-day dining packages only)
- Rose & Crown Dining Room (U.K. Pavilion): $64 per adult; $28 per child
- Spice Road Table (Morocco Pavilion): $52 per adult; $23 per child
It wouldn’t be an Epcot Festival without authentic food and beverages from around the world! Here’s a glimpse at this year’s Holiday Kitchens:
- American Holiday Table – American Adventure Pavilion (traditional dishes reminiscent of “grandma’s cooking”)
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen – Germany Pavilion (heartwarming holiday dishes and beverages)
- Chestnuts & Good Cheer Holiday Kitchen – Near Test Track Presented by Chevrolet (cinnamon-glazed nuts and holiday beverages)
- The Donut Box – Near Test Track Presented by Chevrolet (seasonally-themed donuts)
- Holiday Hearth Desserts – The Odyssey Pavilion (holly jolly desserts, hot cocoa, and more)
- Holiday Sweets & Treats – Near Port of Entry (desserts and festive sips)
- L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen – Between Morocco and France Pavilions (classic deli noshes with a side of New York flair)
- Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen – Mexico Pavilion (Mexican-inspired food, drinks, and dancing)
- Le Marché de Noël Holiday Kitchen – France Pavilion (food, wine, and specialty drinks)
- Mele Kalikimaka – Near Port Of Entry (food and beverages from the islands of Hawa i‘i)
- **NEW** Nochebuena Cocina – Near Port of Entry (plant-based offering)
- Shanghai Holiday Kitchen – China Pavilion (popular plates and potables from the China Pavilion)
- Shi Wasu Holiday Kitchen – Japan Pavilion (festive dishes and drinks)
- Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina – Morocco Pavilion (kebabs and cocktails)
- Tuscany Holiday Kitchen – Italy Pavilion (seasonal Italian food and beverages)
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen – Canada Pavilion (food and drinks from the Great White North)
- Additional Locations:
- Funnel Cake – Between the American Adventure Pavilion and Japan Pavilion (mini funnel cake topped with peppermint ice cream, chocolate whipped cream and crushed peppermint)
- Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company – Throughout EPCOT (selection of coffees, plus special holiday treats)
- Horchata Cold Brew (a blend of Joffrey’s Shakin’ Jamaican™ Cold Brew and Horchata topped with whipped cream and cinnamon)
- Refreshment Outpost – Between the China and Germany Pavilions (snacks and beverages to go)
- Refreshment Port – Showcase Plaza (comfort foods and festival specialties)
- Connections Café and Connections Eatery – World Celebration (treats or beverages with a holiday spin)
Holiday Cookie Stroll – In your Festival Passport, there are 5 official Holiday Cookie Stop locations listed. When you visit each one and purchase the specialty treat, you’ll receive a stamp on your passport. Once you collect all 5 stamps, simply present your passport at Holiday Sweets & Treats (near Port of Entry) to receive a specialty cookie! (Yum!) This activity is for all ages and can be completed at your leisure between November 25 and December 30, 2022.
Here are this year’s menu items:
- Nochebuena Cocina: Alfajores – Vanilla Shortbread Cookie with Dulce de Leche and Coconut
- Yukon Holiday Kitchen: SNICKERS-Doodle Cookie made with SNICKERS bar pieces
- L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen: Black and White Cookie (plant-based)
- American Holiday Table: Chocolate Crinkle Cookie
- Bavaria Holiday Kitchen: Linzer Cookie
- Holiday Hearth Desserts: Gingerbread Cookie
- Sunshine Seasons: Jingle Sugar Cookie made with M&M’S chocolate candies
- Connections Café: Sugar Cookie
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind – Known for its music, this attraction will be receiving a holiday overlay including a “mash-up” of your favorite Christmas hits.
Spaceship Earth Holiday Lighting – This attraction’s beautiful new lights will take on a festive feel with winter-themed compositions.
Gingerbread Display – Inside the American Adventure Rotunda, you will find recreations of the Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, and The American Adventure building all created out of gingerbread.
Daytime Live Performances – During the day, you’ll have opportunities for other special performances featuring JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season, The JAMMitors, Mariachi Cobre, and Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.
Olaf’s Holiday Scavenger Hunt – All you have to do is purchase a map, which is $9.99 plus tax at Festival merchandise locations. Then, using the provided stickers, you mark each Olaf on the map that you spot around World Showcase. When your map is complete, simply take it to Disney Traders, Creations Shop, or World Traveler at International Gateway to redeem it for a gift!
Storytellers – Some of this year’s entertainers include Las Posadas (Mexico Pavilion), Canadian Holiday Voyageurs (Canada Pavilion), Chinese Lion Dance celebrating the new year (China Pavilion), Santa Claus (American Adventure), a Hanukkah storyteller along the promenade, and storytellers in France, Italy, Japan, Norway, and the United Kingdom. The Voices of Liberty will also be performing at this year’s festival!
Living with the Land in the Land Pavilion will also transform for the holidays with a twinkling holiday light display and other festive additions.
The Holidays at Animal Kingdom
While there isn’t necessarily a formal party held at Animal Kingdom, it is likely that there will once again be seasonal decorations, holiday-themed Disney character flotillas on the Discovery River, and the Tree of Life holiday awakenings each evening.
The flotillas will likely include:
- Santa Claus Festive Flotilla
- Discovery Island Drummers Festive Flotilla
Also included in this year’s festivities will be the return of The Merry Menagerie! Located in Discovery Island, these life-size, artisan-sculpted winter animal puppets will come to life. Interact with reindeer, foxes, polar bears, penguins, and more while accompanied by serenading musicians.
Sunset Seasons Greetings at Hollywood Studios
Like Animal Kingdom, there is no formal festival or event at Hollywood Studios for the holidays, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t holiday fun in store for 2022!
- Returning again this season is the holiday projections on the “Hollywood Holiday Tower Hotel.” It will be transformed into snowy Arendelle, a gingerbread house created by the Muppets, a Toy Story toy hotel, and a Dickens-style village influenced by “Mickey’s Christmas Carol.” (The holiday show will alternate with the nightly Beacon of Magic transformations.)
- Santa Claus will once again be seen driving down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Frozen characters will star in “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration.” And once again, Olaf will make his festive finale at the end of the show!
- Minnie Mouse’s holiday character dining at Hollywood & Vine will also be returning, and she will be joined by none other than Santa Goofy. This year, it will once again be served buffet-style.
- Vintage-themed holiday decorations and festive music will also be scattered throughout the park.
**Be sure to check back for more details as they are announced by Disney!
Planning a visit to Walt Disney World in November or December 2022? Check out our monthly guides/crowd calendars below:
We hope you enjoyed our guide to Christmas at Disney World! Be sure to visit our step-by-step guide to start planning your next Walt Disney World Vacation!