If you’re considering a trip to Disneyland in April, there are a few factors worth considering. While the weather is typically pleasant during this time, it’s important to note that spring break crowds can be overwhelming for some. Additionally, since Easter falls on March 31st this year, the first week of April may be particularly busy. However, with proper planning, April can still be a delightful time to visit the parks. And while Disney hasn’t released much information yet regarding events and ride refurbishments for 2024, it’s never too early to start planning your Disneyland Resort vacation.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Planning a Disneyland vacation in 2024? Be sure to check out our guide to all that the Disneyland Resort has to offer this year including the return of the Disneyland Half Marathon, the grand opening of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, and more! (You can also find our 2023 guide here!)
- April temperatures are quite pleasant but be prepared for some rain showers. Mornings could still be a bit chilly, but for the most part, temperatures are warm. As far as rain, it is no longer considered the “rainy” season, but that doesn’t mean April won’t see some rain. It’s always good to be prepared this time of year.
- Easter falls on March 31, 2024, so expect crowds that weekend! Easter is easily one of the busiest times of the year for Disneyland so be prepared for crowds that entire weekend.
- Be prepared for spring break crowds. The first two weeks are usually a bit busier due to spring break with the final two weeks of the month being a great time to visit the parks if you want to avoid major crowds.
Perhaps the most notable event is the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival. No dates have been announced yet for 2024, but in 2023, this event took place from March 3 to April 25 and featured culinary demonstrations, outdoor marketplaces, family entertainment, live music, festival merchandise, and unique bookable experiences. Also featured was the limited-time return of Soarin’ Over California!
Dapper Day is scheduled for April 17, 2024! (The Dapper Day Expo will take place April 6-7 at the Disneyland Hotel.)
April Refurbishments & Closures
*We’ve included all current refurbishments here on this list… even ones that may be open in time for April 2024. (Please note that this list could change at a moment’s notice.)
- Tarzan’s Treehouse is currently closed and will be receiving new theming as Adventureland Treehouse (likely to open in 2023)
- Splash Mountain closed on March 31, 2023, for retheming. Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is likely to open in late 2024.
- Sailing Ship Columbia will close from September 11-14, 2023.
- Mark Twain Riverboat will close on September 17, 2023. An opening date is yet to be announced.
- Space Mountain will close on September 18, 2023. An opening date is yet to be announced.
- Fantasmic! will be suspended until Spring 2024.
California Adventure Park
- Golden Zephyr will close on August 28, 2023. An opening date has yet to be announced.
- Rogers: The Musical completed its seasonal run on August 31, 2023.
- San Fransokyo Square officially opened on August 31, 2023.
Overall, the weather in Anaheim is quite pleasant in April. So if you’re looking to visit Disneyland without the summer heat or winter rain, this may be the perfect time to go. The average high is 71 degrees and the low is typically around 52 degrees. It is also typically a dryer month in terms of rain. Overall, April is an excellent time to visit in terms of weather!
April Disneyland Crowds
Crowd calendars are very popular, but they can also be a bit unpredictable. That being said, the pandemic has made predicting crowds even more difficult than normal.
While crowd calendars can be a big help in planning your trip, keep in mind, they are predictions at best. When designing our calendars, we take a look at events, school calendars, ticket prices, park hours, holidays, and typical monthly patterns. Unfortunately, our crowd calendars cannot predict other things such as weather, travel advisories, pandemics, or last-minute openings or closings of shows and attractions.
During the first two weeks of April, there will definitely be an increase in crowds for spring break as well as the Easter holiday. If crowds are an issue for you, it would be best to avoid these two weeks of the month. The end of the month should see fewer crowds, however, as many schools are finished with their spring breaks at this point.
Ready to Start Planning Your Visit to Disneyland in April?
Here are some resources to help you get started!
Disneyland Dining Guides:
Disneyland Attraction Guides:
Planning your first Disneyland vacation? Be sure to visit my step-by-step guide to get started!