Nice weather and school vacation make the summer an excellent time to visit the Disneyland Resort. If there is a downside, it’s that Disneyland in June can be quite crowded. Weekdays and weekends will both be busy as school is out for summer vacation across the country. With a bit of planning, however, June can be a great time to visit the parks as the temperatures are warmer and the park hours are longer giving you more time to enjoy all that Disneyland has to offer.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Planning a Disneyland vacation in 2024? Be sure to check out our guide to all that the Disneyland Resort has to offer this year including the return of the Disneyland Half Marathon, the grand opening of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, and more! (You can also find our 2023 guide here!)
- June temperatures heat up as summer begins. Both heat and humidity come into play during this time of year.
- Grad Nites will likely be back in 2024. Nothing has been announced yet, but these popular ticketed events will likely be returning to California Adventure in 2024. While they are a fun opportunity for graduating seniors, the parks can get a bit crowded for the rest of us. So keep this in mind when selecting your vacation dates.
- Be prepared for summer crowds. June is a popular month to visit with school ending for the year across the country. Weekdays and weekends alike will most likely be busy.
June is the beginning of summer for most, and summer break does mean summer crowds.
The only major holiday in June is Father’s Day on June 16. And while Father’s Day doesn’t typically see a huge surge in crowds, you may want to make any special dining reservations early as they do book up quickly.
Grad Nites is a Disneyland After Dark event that we are hopeful will be back in 2024. Last year they took place on select dates in both May and June. There were three ticket options starting at $99. Keep in mind that these special events do attract crowds to the parks on these particular dates… especially at Disney California Adventure. Here’s a look at last year’s details:
- Disneyland Grad Nite Private Party Experience at Disney California Adventure – Ticketed grads will gain access to Disney California Adventure Park after 9:00 PM for an “immersive, once-in-a-lifetime celebration.”
- Disneyland Grad Nite Private Party Experience plus a full day at Disney California Adventure – Enjoy a full day at Disney California Adventure Park before enjoying an exclusive event after 9:00 PM in the park.
- Disneyland Grad Nite Private Party Experience plus a Park Hopper experience at both Disneyland theme parks – This option allows grads to spend the day at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park on the same day as well as attend the exclusive party at Disney California Adventure Park beginning at 9:00 PM.
June Refurbishments & Closures
*We’ve included all current refurbishments here on this list… even ones that may be open in time for June 2024. (Please note that this list could change at a moment’s notice.)
- Tarzan’s Treehouse is currently closed and will be receiving new theming as Adventureland Treehouse (likely to open in 2023)
- Splash Mountain closed on March 31, 2023, for retheming. Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is likely to open in late 2024.
- Sailing Ship Columbia will close from September 11-14, 2023.
- Mark Twain Riverboat will close on September 17, 2023. An opening date is yet to be announced.
- Space Mountain will close on September 18, 2023. An opening date is yet to be announced.
- Fantasmic! will be suspended until Spring 2024.
California Adventure Park
- Golden Zephyr will close on August 28, 2023. An opening date has yet to be announced.
- Rogers: The Musical completed its seasonal run on August 31, 2023.
- San Fransokyo Square officially opened on August 31, 2023.
Overall, the weather in Anaheim is starting to feel more “summer-like” in the month of June. The average high is 81 degrees and the low is typically around 61 degrees. June can also be a bit humid, especially in the morning hours.
June Disneyland Crowds
Crowd calendars are very popular, but they can also be a bit unpredictable. That being said, the pandemic has made predicting crowds even more difficult than normal.
While crowd calendars can be a big help in planning your trip, keep in mind, they are predictions at best. When designing our calendars, we take a look at events, school calendars, ticket prices, park hours, holidays, and typical monthly patterns. Unfortunately, our crowd calendars cannot predict other things such as weather, travel advisories, pandemics, or last-minute openings or closings of shows and attractions.
June is a very popular month to visit the Disneyland Resort. Be prepared for summer crowds throughout the month!
Ready to Start Planning Your Visit to Disneyland in June?
Here are some resources to help you get started!
Disneyland Dining Guides:
Disneyland Attraction Guides:
Planning your first Disneyland vacation? Be sure to visit my step-by-step guide to get started!