It’s time to get excited about the brand new Disney Wish cruise ship that will set sail in summer 2022! On April 29, 2021, Disney finally gave us a glimpse onboard Disney’s fifth cruise ship. The largest ship Disney has built to date, it has a lot to offer for families, kids, and adults. And based on what we know so far, we are more than a little excited about this brand new offering from Disney Cruise Line!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
**Disney Cruise Line is back to sailing all four of its ships in the United States, but restrictions are in place and vacations have been modified for safety. Be sure to visit our reopening guide for Disney Cruise Line for updated information to guide your vacation planning!
Maiden Voyage Rescheduled
Disney has announced that the maiden voyage on the Disney Wish has unfortunately been delayed. Originally setting sail on June 9, 2022, the maiden voyage will now take place on July 14, 2022.
According to Disney, “The Meyer Werft shipyard has notified Disney Cruise Line that despite their very best efforts, they will need more time to finish the Disney Wish, due in part to the pandemic and particularly the arrival of the Omicron variant in Germany at a critical point in the production process.”
Those booked on the original inaugural voyage will be automatically shifted to the new one on July 14. (Those with bookings for the original Disney Vacation Club Exclusive Cruise on June 14, 2022, will be shifted to the new one on July 19, 2022.) All voyages scheduled through July 18, 2022, are now canceled. Those booked on affected cruises will have the option to receive either a full refund or to rebook a Disney Wish sailing by December 31, 2023, at a 50% discount.
Also worth noting, bookings for the cruise ship, which opened in May 2021, are now suspended until February 8.
- There are a total of 1,254 staterooms onboard.
- Staterooms are inspired by “dreamy Disney stories.” (Think Cinderella, Rapunzel, etc.)
- Along with the other four Disney Cruise Line ships, most staterooms will have split-bathrooms and offer an ocean view. (Honestly, the split-bathrooms are amazing for families!)
- 877 of the staterooms have verandahs, and 451 have connection doors adjoining rooms for bigger families.
- When compared to the other Disney Cruise Line ships, the Disney Wish cruise ship offers double the number of premium concierge staterooms and suites, with 7 additional suites above the bridge offering breathtaking views with floor-to-ceiling windows. (There is also an exclusive lounge with a private sun deck!)
- There are also 4 Royal Suites that can accommodate up to 6 guests and offer first-class amenities. Two of these suites are, in fact, two stories, which is a Disney Cruise Line first!
Disney Cruise Line offers rotational dining, and the Disney Wish will continue this tradition. My family really enjoyed rotating through the three family restaurants onboard our previous cruises, giving us a unique dining experience each night of our voyage.
Here’s a look at the three family restaurants onboard the Disney Wish…
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure – As Disney’s first Frozen-themed theatrical dining experience, this restaurant offers live entertainment (brought to you by none other than Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf), and it serves food with “Nordic influences.”
- Worlds of Marvel – This restaurant looks to be truly unique by taking guests straight into “an action-packed Avengers mission that unfolds around you” and it will serve a menu inspires by the MCU, including Wakanda. Not sure what all of this means yet, but it is sure to be fun (especially for Marvel fans young and young-at-heart!)
- 1923 – This beautiful restaurant is named for the year The Walt Disney Company was founded, and it is described as “an elegant celebration of the company’s legacy.” The decor, as well as the menu, will pay tribute to the golden age of animation as well as the company’s Californian heritage.
All of the Disney ships include adult-only dining experiences, and the Disney Wish is no different…
- Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge – This isn’t necessarily a restaurant, but it is an adult-only lounge featuring beverages inspired by your favorite Star Wars destinations like Batuu, Tatooine, and Mustafar.
- Palo Steakhouse – This restaurant will be similar to Palo on the other four Disney Cruise Line ships, but it will be unique in that it combines authentic Italian dining with a modern steakhouse inspired by Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast.
- Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement – Considered to be the “most luxurious dining experience” onboard the Disney Wish, this restaurant will feature a gourmet menu crafted by the three-Michelin-starred chef, and its theme will be inspired by Lumiere.
Get a quick bite to eat with the family…
No Disney Cruise Line ship would be complete without its quick dining options!
- Marceline Market – Named after Walt Disney’s early childhood hometown in Missouri, guests will enjoy a walk-around experience for breakfast and lunch, as well as table service dining for dinner. It will incorporate an ever-changing menu, 10 food stations, and a café-style beverage bar. This dining location will feature indoor and outdoor dining, and the stations are themed after some of your favorite Disney animated movies.
- Mickey & Friends Festival of Foods – These uniquely-themed food stations located on the upper decks will include Mickey’s Smokestack Barbecue, Donald’s Cantina, Daisy’s Pizza Pies, Goofy’s Grill, and Sweet Minnie’s Ice Cream.
Fun on Deck!
The Disney Wish cruise ship will go above and beyond when it comes to fun for the whole family on deck. This includes waters slides, pools, splash pads, and even the first-ever Disney attraction at sea!
- AquaMouse – At over two minutes long, this first-ever Disney attraction at sea goes beyond the AquaDuck found on previous Disney Cruise Line ships. It is far more than a water slide in that there are show scenes themed to animated Mickey shorts, lighting, and special effects! With 760 feet of winding tubes above the upper decks, this attraction will truly be excited for the whole family. (Keep in mind there will be a 42-inch height requirement.)
- Mickey and Friends Area – Families will be able to enjoy six pools and surrounding lounge chairs staggered among the tiered decks.
- Fun for Kids – There will be a Toy Story-themed splash zone for young guests, a wading pool, a family waterslide, and even a smoothie bar.
Relax and Unwind
- Quiet Cove – This adult-only onboard area (and Disney truly enforces this) will offer a poolside bar, a cafe, and the first-ever infinity pool on a Disney Cruise Line ship.
- Senses Spa – This adult-only spa is inspired by nature and features heated lounges, fountains, an aromatherapy steam room, a dry sauna, and a calming pool.
- Untangled Salon – The Disney Wish will feature a high-end hair salon inspired by none other than Rapunzel herself.
- Hook’s Barbery – Inspired by Captain’s Hook’s private quarters aboard the infamous Jolly Roger, this venue will feature hairstyling, nail care, and skincare. Also, guests 21 and older can enjoy a hidden bar featuring tastings during their treatments and at special events.
- Nightingale’s – This sophisticated piano bar will be inspired by the classic movie Cinderella.
- The Bayou – Enjoy New Orleans-inspired drinks at this informal lounge inspired by The Princess and the Frog.
- The Rose – This specialty lounge (inspired by the rose from Beauty and the Beast) will be located at the entrance of both Palo Steakhouse and Enchanté.
- Keg & Compass – This Viking ship-inspired pub will feature 3 unique craft beers only available on the Disney Wish.
Disney never fails to entertain its guests, and the Disney Wish will be offering some truly unique and spectacular experiences!
- The Grand Hall – There will be times throughout sailing where the welcome atrium will transform into a theater with help from built-in special effects and the first-ever atrium stage on a Disney Cruise Line ship.
- Luna – This brand-new entertainment area will offer live shows and interactive shows during the day for families and then transform into an evening venue for adults with special entertainment.
- Hero Zone – This is described by Disney as a “futuristic sports arena where physical activity will blend with imagination during action-packed challenges and game show-style competitions for families to take on together.”
- Walt Disney Theatre – Disney typically offers three different Broadway shows onboard their ships. It has been announced that there will be a reimagined version of Aladdin on the Disney Wish along with two other yet-to-be-announced original shows.
- Wonderland and Never Land Cinemas – There will also be two movie theaters onboard inspired by Alice in Wonderland as well as Peter Pan. They will show classic and first-run films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and more.
- Disney Uncharted Adventure – This is an immersive family adventure that allows you to join some of your favorite Disney characters on a “multidimensional search to find fragments of a shattered Wishing Star, navigating across the storybook worlds of Moana, Nemo, Princess Tiana, Peter Pan and more throughout your cruise.” Using your mobile device as an “enchanted spyglass,” you’ll be able to interact with the ship and battle an infamous Disney villain.
Just for Kids
Designed for kids ages 3 to 12, the Disney Wish offers three spaces as part of Disney’s Oceaneer Club.
- Marvel Super Hero Academy – Have a young one who would love to train with Spider-Man, the Black Panther, Ant-Man, or the Wasp? This is the place to make that dream come true!
- Star Wars: Cargo Bay – Kids will be given the opportunity to join Rey and Chewbacca in an all-new immersive experience “Star Wars Galactic Creature Keepers.” Younger guests will be “put to the test as they feed lifelike, interactive creatures and encounter some of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy.”
- Fairytale Hall – This Disney Princess-inspired area is home to Rapunzel’s Art Studio, Belle’s Library, and Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus. (There may even be some special appearances from the Princesses themselves!)
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab – This exciting new area is said to be “a first-of-its-kind opportunity for kids.” Kids will be given the chance to learn the secrets of Disney Imagineers and even invent their own projects, including a virtual roller coaster.
- It’s a Small World Nursery – Babysitting services are offered here in this space designed for little ones ages 6 months to 3 years
- Mickey & Minnie Captain’s Deck – This nautically themed space is designed for the youngest cruisers and will include activities, games, and perhaps a visit from Captain Mickey and Captain Minnie!
- The Edge (ages 11 to 14) and Vibe (ages 14 to 17) – These clubs will be designed with older kids in mind. The Edge will be a New York City-inspired hangout, and the Vibe will allow older teens the opportunity to watch movies, play games, and hang out.
- The Hideaway – This all-new space will be designed as a hangout for older teens as well as young adults.
If you’re looking to book a cruise on Disney Wish, you’re not alone. (I definitely can’t wait to set sail on the brand new Disney Wish cruise ship!) Here are some things you need to know about booking for a cruise in summer 2022:
- Maiden voyage for the Disney Wish is set for July 14, 2022. This will be a five-night cruise to Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
- The summer season will consist of both three- and four-night sailings to the same destinations, all leaving from Port Canaveral, Florida.
- Early booking for Castaway Club members and select Disney Guests began May 17, 2021.
- General booking opened on May 27, 2021.
**We will keep this page updated as we learn more about the Disney Wish cruise ship! For the most current information, be sure to visit Disney Cruise Line’s official page.
**Excited about the brand new Disney Wish cruise ship and looking to plan your Disney Cruise Line vacation? Be sure to visit my step-by-step guide to get started!