Debuting in the summer of 2022, the Disney Wish cruise ship is the newest addition to the Disney Cruise Line fleet and features all the magic and entertainment that Disney is known for. This ship offers themed restaurants, immersive storytelling, and Disney characters throughout the ship. The Disney Wish also has new experiences, like a Frozen-themed dining experience and the first-ever Disney attraction at sea. The ship also features luxurious staterooms and suites, a water park, and even a Star Wars-themed area. The Disney Wish brings even more magic to the high seas!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Planning to sail on Disney Cruise Line in the coming year? Be sure to check out our guide to all that Disney Cruise Line has to offer this year including exciting itineraries, new ports of call, themed events at sea, and more!
- There are a total of 1,254 staterooms onboard.
- Staterooms are inspired by “dreamy Disney stories.” (Think Cinderella, Rapunzel, etc.)
- Along with the other four Disney Cruise Line ships, most staterooms will have split bathrooms and offer an ocean view. (Honestly, the split bathrooms are amazing for families!)
- 877 of the staterooms have verandahs, and 451 have connection doors adjoining rooms for bigger families.
- When compared to the other Disney Cruise Line ships, the Disney Wish cruise ship offers double the number of premium concierge staterooms and suites, with 7 additional suites above the bridge offering breathtaking views with floor-to-ceiling windows. (There is also an exclusive lounge with a private sun deck!)
- There are also 4 Royal Suites that can accommodate up to 6 guests and offer first-class amenities. Two of these suites are, in fact, two stories, which is a Disney Cruise Line first!
Disney Cruise Line offers rotational dining, and the Disney Wish will continue this tradition. My family really enjoyed rotating through the three family restaurants onboard our previous cruises, giving us a unique dining experience each night of our voyage.
Here’s a look at the three family restaurants onboard the Disney Wish…
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure – As Disney’s first Frozen-themed theatrical dining experience, this restaurant offers live entertainment (brought to you by none other than Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf), and it serves food with “Nordic influences.”
- Worlds of Marvel – This restaurant is truly unique and takes guests straight into “an action-packed Avengers mission that unfolds around you.” It serves a menu inspired by the MCU, including Wakanda.
- 1923 – This beautiful restaurant is named for the year The Walt Disney Company was founded, and it is described as “an elegant celebration of the company’s legacy.” The decor, as well as the menu, pays tribute to the golden age of animation as well as the company’s Californian heritage.
All of the Disney ships include adult-only dining experiences, and the Disney Wish is no different…
- Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge – This isn’t necessarily a restaurant, but it is an adult-only lounge featuring beverages inspired by your favorite Star Wars destinations like Batuu, Tatooine, and Mustafar.
- Palo Steakhouse – This restaurant is similar to Palo on the other four Disney Cruise Line ships, but it’s unique in that it combines authentic Italian dining with a modern steakhouse inspired by Cogsworth from Beauty and the Beast.
- Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement – Considered to be the “most luxurious dining experience” onboard the Disney Wish, this restaurant features a gourmet menu crafted by the three-Michelin-starred chef, and its theme is inspired by Lumiere.
Get a quick bite to eat with the family…
No Disney Cruise Line ship would be complete without its quick dining options!
- Marceline Market – Named after Walt Disney’s early childhood hometown in Missouri, guests can enjoy a walk-around experience for breakfast and lunch, as well as table-service dining for dinner. It incorporates an ever-changing menu, 10 food stations, and a café-style beverage bar. This dining location features indoor and outdoor dining, and the stations are themed after some of your favorite Disney animated movies.
- Mickey & Friends Festival of Foods – These uniquely-themed food stations located on the upper decks include Mickey’s Smokestack Barbecue, Donald’s Cantina, Daisy’s Pizza Pies, Goofy’s Grill, and Sweet Minnie’s Ice Cream.
Fun on Deck!
The Disney Wish cruise ship goes above and beyond when it comes to fun for the whole family on deck. This includes water slides, pools, splash pads, and even the first-ever Disney attraction at sea!
- AquaMouse – At over two minutes long, this first-ever Disney attraction at sea goes beyond the AquaDuck found on previous Disney Cruise Line ships. It is far more than a water slide in that there are show scenes themed to animated Mickey shorts, lighting, and special effects! With 760 feet of winding tubes above the upper decks, this attraction is truly exciting for the whole family. (Keep in mind there will be a 42-inch height requirement.)
- Mickey and Friends Area – Families are able to enjoy six pools and surrounding lounge chairs staggered among the tiered decks.
- Fun for Kids – There is a Toy Story-themed splash zone for young guests, a wading pool, a family waterslide, and even a smoothie bar.
Relax and Unwind
- Quiet Cove – This adult-only onboard area (and Disney truly enforces this) offers a poolside bar, a cafe, and the first-ever infinity pool on a Disney Cruise Line ship.
- Senses Spa – This adult-only spa is inspired by nature and features heated lounges, fountains, an aromatherapy steam room, a dry sauna, and a calming pool.
- Untangled Salon – The Disney Wish features a high-end hair salon inspired by none other than Rapunzel herself.
- Hook’s Barbery – Inspired by Captain Hook’s private quarters aboard the infamous Jolly Roger, this venue features hairstyling, nail care, and skincare. Also, guests 21 and older can enjoy a hidden bar featuring tastings during their treatments and at special events.
- Nightingale’s – This sophisticated piano bar is inspired by the classic movie Cinderella.
- The Bayou – Enjoy New Orleans-inspired drinks at this informal lounge inspired by The Princess and the Frog.
- The Rose – This specialty lounge (inspired by the rose from Beauty and the Beast) is located at the entrance of both Palo Steakhouse and Enchanté.
- Keg & Compass – This Viking ship-inspired pub features 3 unique craft beers only available on the Disney Wish.
Disney never fails to entertain its guests, and the Disney Wish offers some truly unique and spectacular experiences!
- The Grand Hall – There will be times throughout sailing when the welcome atrium will transform into a theater with help from built-in special effects and the first-ever atrium stage on a Disney Cruise Line ship.
- Luna – This brand-new entertainment area offers live shows and interactive shows during the day for families and then transforms into an evening venue for adults with special entertainment.
- Hero Zone – This is described by Disney as a “futuristic sports arena where physical activity will blend with imagination during action-packed challenges and game show-style competitions for families to take on together.”
- Walt Disney Theatre – Disney typically offers three different Broadway shows onboard their ships. The Disney Wish currently features “Disney Seas the Adventure,” “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular,” and “The Little Mermaid.”
- Wonderland and Never Land Cinemas – There are two movie theaters onboard inspired by Alice in Wonderland as well as Peter Pan. They show classic and first-run films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and more.
- Disney Uncharted Adventure – This is an immersive family adventure that allows you to join some of your favorite Disney characters on a “multidimensional search to find fragments of a shattered Wishing Star, navigating across the storybook worlds of Moana, Nemo, Princess Tiana, Peter Pan and more throughout your cruise.” Using your mobile device as an “enchanted spyglass,” you’ll be able to interact with the ship and battle an infamous Disney villain.
Just for Kids
Designed for kids ages 3 to 12, the Disney Wish offers three spaces as part of Disney’s Oceaneer Club.
- Marvel Super Hero Academy – Have a young one who would love to train with Spider-Man, the Black Panther, Ant-Man, or the Wasp? This is the place to make that dream come true!
- Star Wars: Cargo Bay – Kids are given the opportunity to join Rey and Chewbacca in an all-new immersive experience “Star Wars Galactic Creature Keepers.” Younger guests are “put to the test as they feed lifelike, interactive creatures and encounter some of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy.”
- Fairytale Hall – This Disney Princess-inspired area is home to Rapunzel’s Art Studio, Belle’s Library, and Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus. (There may even be some special appearances from the Princesses themselves!)
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab – This exciting new area is said to be “a first-of-its-kind opportunity for kids.” Kids are given the chance to learn the secrets of Disney Imagineers and even invent their own projects, including a virtual roller coaster.
- It’s a Small World Nursery – Babysitting services are offered here in this space designed for little ones ages 6 months to 3 years
- Mickey & Minnie Captain’s Deck – This nautically themed space is designed for the youngest cruisers and includes activities, games, and perhaps a visit from Captain Mickey and Captain Minnie!
- The Edge (ages 11 to 14) and Vibe (ages 14 to 17) – These clubs are designed with older kids in mind. The Edge is a New York City-inspired hangout, and the Vibe allows older teens the opportunity to watch movies, play games, and hang out.
- The Hideaway – This all-new space is designed as a hangout for older teens as well as young adults.
If you’re looking to book a cruise on Disney Wish, you’re not alone. In the coming year, the Disney Wish will be primarily sailing to the Bahamas with stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay. The ship will be alternating 3- and 4- night cruises from Port Canaveral with Friday and Monday departures.
**Excited about the brand new Disney Wish cruise ship and looking to plan your Disney Cruise Line vacation? Be sure to visit my step-by-step guide to get started!