If you’re thinking about heading to the Disneyland Resort during summer, you’re in luck! The combination of amazing weather and school vacation makes it an awesome time to go. The only catch is that Disneyland in July tends to get pretty crowded. Whether it’s a weekday or a weekend, everyone’s taking advantage of their summer break, so brace yourself for long lines and crowded areas. But don’t worry, with some careful planning, you can still have a good time. Just make sure to plan ahead, wear comfy shoes, and stay hydrated! You may also want to consider utilizing Genie+, getting there early, and maybe even checking out some less popular attractions.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Planning a Disneyland vacation in 2024? Be sure to check out our guide to all that the Disneyland Resort has to offer this year including the return of the Disneyland Half Marathon, the grand opening of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, and more! (You can also find our 2023 guide here!)
- July temperatures heat up, and the days are longer. Both heat and humidity come into play during this time of year. But the good news is that with the longer days, there will be more daylight hours to enjoy the Disneyland Resort!
- Be prepared for summer crowds. July is a popular month to visit with summer vacation in full swing across the country. Weekdays and weekends alike will most likely be busy.
- The Fourth of July falls on a Thursday in 2024. Featuring Patriotic music, Disneyland will light up the night sky with an inspirational fireworks display.
Summer is in full swing during the month of July, and summer break does mean summer crowds.
The only major holiday this month is the Fourth of July, and Disney will certainly go all out when it comes to fireworks! Be prepared for the Fourth of July crowds if you intend to visit the park to celebrate.
July Refurbishments & Closures
*We’ve included all current refurbishments here on this list… even ones that may be open in time for July 2024. (Please note that this list could change at a moment’s notice.)
- Tarzan’s Treehouse is currently closed and will be receiving new theming as Adventureland Treehouse (likely to open in 2023)
- Splash Mountain closed on March 31, 2023, for retheming. Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is likely to open in late 2024.
- Sailing Ship Columbia will close from September 11-14, 2023.
- Mark Twain Riverboat will close on September 17, 2023. An opening date is yet to be announced.
- Space Mountain will close on September 18, 2023. An opening date is yet to be announced.
- Fantasmic! will be suspended until Spring 2024.
California Adventure Park
- Golden Zephyr will close on August 28, 2023. An opening date has yet to be announced.
- Rogers: The Musical completed its seasonal run on August 31, 2023.
- San Fransokyo Square officially opened on August 31, 2023.
Overall, the weather in Anaheim is starting to feel more “summer-like” in the month of July. The average high is 84 degrees and the low is typically around 66 degrees.
July Disneyland Crowds
Crowd calendars are very popular, but they can also be a bit unpredictable. That being said, the pandemic has made predicting crowds even more difficult than normal.
While crowd calendars can be a big help in planning your trip, keep in mind, that they are predictions at best. When designing our calendars, we take a look at events, school calendars, ticket prices, park hours, holidays, and typical monthly patterns. Unfortunately, our crowd calendars cannot predict other things such as weather, travel advisories, pandemics, or last-minute openings or closings of shows and attractions.
July is a very popular month to visit the Disneyland Resort. Be prepared for summer crowds throughout the entire month. The Fourth of July will likely bring additional crowds as well so plan accordingly!
Ready to Start Planning Your Visit to Disneyland in July?
Here are some resources to help you get started!
Disneyland Dining Guides:
Disneyland Attraction Guides:
Planning your first Disneyland vacation? Be sure to visit my step-by-step guide to get started!