The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival brings the joy of spring to life! It’s like stepping into a magical wonderland filled with stunning flowers and amazing topiaries, and it is undoubtedly the most gorgeous time of the year at Epcot. Not only can you admire the breathtaking gardens, but there’s also the Garden Rocks Concert Series to groove to and delicious outdoor food booths to satisfy your taste buds. And let’s not forget about the exclusive festival merchandise as well as the scavenger hunts. It’s an absolute dream come true for flower and nature lovers.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Planning a Disney World vacation in 2024? Be sure to check out our guide to all that the Walt Disney World Resort has to offer this year including the opening of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, the return of the Disney Dining Plan, and more! (You can also find our 2023 guide here!)
What You Need to Know About All Epcot Festivals
All Epcot Festivals feature food and beverage booths throughout the park. You will find temporary, semi-permanent, and permanent booths throughout Epcot that feature exclusive menu items for each festival. Menus are released shortly before each festival and typically offer unique food and drink options that aren’t available at any other time of the year.
Typically, there is a feature show at America Gardens Theatre for each of the festivals, and each show typically has an associated dining package that guarantees admission. (But due to popularity, arriving early may still be your best bet at getting a good seat!)
Every festival offers unique entertainment, activities, and even merchandise throughout the park. Some activities are free, while others do require an additional fee. One activity to take note of is a paid scavenger hunt. Maps can be purchased (usually less than $10), and guests then search the park for items. Your completed map can be exchanged for a small treat or item.
Festival Tips and Tricks
Epcot festivals are quite popular with the locals, which means that evenings and weekends will be busy. If you want to avoid the crowds, plan to visit Epcot during the week and make the most of your daytime hours. You may also want to avoid the first and last weekends of the event as these tend to be more crowded.
Also, keep in mind that some guests may engage in a bit more alcohol consumption, especially during the Food & Wine Festival, as many of the booths offer unique drinks and wine tastings. For some, this may not be a big deal, but for families traveling with younger children, it may be something you want to consider.
Basic Festival Overview
- Dates for 2023: March 1 – July 5
- Dates for 2024: Beginning February 28
- Menu for 2023 (menu for 2024 has yet to be released)
This festival features beautifully designed interactive gardens as well as a variety of living sculptures shaped like your favorite Disney characters. You will also find plenty of unique food options, live entertainment, and family-friendly exhibits.
Full dates for 2024 have yet to be released, but we do know this year’s event will begin on February 28, 2024!
2024 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival Menu
The 2024 menu for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival has not been released yet. Stay tuned for more information!
Garden Rocks Concert Series
The Garden Rocks Concert Series is a highlight of the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. From March onwards, this concert series entertains visitors throughout the festival. The America Gardens Theater hosts daily concerts, which can be enjoyed for free with a valid theme park admission and park reservation. However, the lineup of acts varies depending on the day you visit Epcot.
On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, local Orlando talent takes the stage, while internationally recognized artists perform on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays. It’s typically not too hard to snag a seat to one of the concerts as long as you arrive about 30 minutes before the show. Or, if you prefer, you can avoid the line (and wait) altogether by booking one of the Garden Rocks Dining Packages.
In 2023, the Garden Rocks Concert Series ran daily at 5:30, 6:45, & 8:00 PM at the American Garden Theatre. Disney has yet to release the schedule for 2024, but we will keep you posted as we learn more!
Garden Rocks Dining Packages
If you want a guaranteed seat without having to arrive too early, you can purchase a Dining Package. Dining Packages give you priority seating at one of the concerts, although, for most concerts, they are not necessary. The seats for these packages are located in the very first few rows of the theater. And unless you want the very front-row center, there isn’t any need to line up early. *It is worth noting that these packages are typically available Fridays through Mondays only.
In 2023, the restaurants that offered these packages included Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Biergarten Restaurant, Coral Reef Restaurant, Garden Grill Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Rose & Crown Dining Room, Spice Road Table, and Regal Eagle Smokehouse (which offered same-day dining packages.) Unfortunately, we don’t have any information on when you can start booking these packages for 2024, but we will keep you posted!
Additional Flower and Garden Festival Details
Disney has yet to announce everything returning (or being introduced) at this year’s Flower and Garden Festival, but we do know a few things that will be returning in 2024.
Confirmed for the 2024 festival:
Discover beautifully crafted topiary sculptures of beloved Disney characters located throughout the park.
Exhibits & Gardens
Every year, Disney installs several large, beautiful gardens and exhibits. We will keep you posted as Disney announces all that 2024 will have to offer.
The Garden Graze is an enjoyable activity to enhance your experience at the Festival Kitchens. In your festival Passport, you can collect stamps by purchasing certain items. Once you have accumulated 5 stamps, head to Pineapple Promenade to receive a special Festival-exclusive treat. Remember to complete this before the festival ends.
The 2024 Flower and Garden Festival will feature uniquely designed exclusive merchandise available for purchase throughout the park.
Unconfirmed for the 2024 festival:
While Disney has confirmed a few details for the 2024 event, there are some festivities and items that were offered in 2023 that have not yet been confirmed for this upcoming festival.
- Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration Scavenger Hunt – Scavenger hunts at the World Showcase are a blast for families and have become quite popular in recent years. Not only do they keep the kids entertained, but they also take you to cool hidden spots. Plus, when you finish the hunt, you get a special festival-themed prize. (In 2023, you could choose between a cup or a plate.) Don’t worry if you don’t finish the whole hunt, you can still grab your prize. Just make sure to pick it up before the festival ends. That being said, it is unclear if this specific scavenger hunt will be back in 2024, but it is likely there will be one even if it’s themed differently.
- Egg-Stravaganza Scavenger Hunt – This Easter-themed scavenger hunt was available for a short time in March during the 2023 festival. Guests were able to hunt for Disney characters on oversized eggs throughout World Showcase, and then trade their completed maps for a special prize.
- JAMMitors – The JAMMitors change up their shows depending on the time of year. For the Flower and Garden Festival, you typically find them in World Celebration jammin’ on metal trash cans!
- Spaceship Earth Encanto Sequence – For the 2023 festival, Disney added a new Encanto-themed sequence to the rotating mini-shows on Spaceship Earth.
- Photo Opportunities – There are numerous PhotoPass opportunities near some of the topiaries as well as exclusive Magic Shots. These will undoubtedly return for the 2024 festival.
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London Tea (Guided Tour) – This free tour lasted about 20 minutes and took place in the United Kingdom pavilion. (A self-guided option was also available in 2023.)
We hope you enjoyed our guide to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival! Be sure to visit my step-by-step guide to start planning your next Walt Disney World Vacation!