New attractions, restaurants, and even parades and fireworks… Disney has some exciting plans in store for the Disney100 Celebration at Disneyland and throughout all of the Disney parks! The official kickoff for the event is January 27, 2023, and the festivities will last all year. (The actual 100-year anniversary of the Walt Disney Company is on October 16, 2023, so it’s highly likely that Disney will plan something unique for that date… time will tell!)
The Disneyland Resort will be the center of the year-long event, but the entire Disney company will be taking part in the celebration, including Walt Disney World and even Disney Cruise Line. There will certainly be plenty of fun this year throughout all of Disney’s parks, so we will keep you posted on everything Disney has to offer as new festivities and offerings are announced!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Planning a Disneyland vacation in 2023? Be sure to check out our guide to all that the Disneyland Resort has to offer this year including the reopening of Mickey’s Toontown, the Disney100 Celebration, and more!
Disney100 Celebration at Disneyland
The Disneyland Resort is going all out for the festivities. The decor will include a platinum statue of Mickey Mouse in Town Square, as well as a platinum statue of Minnie Mouse in front of Plaza Inn. Lamp posts on Mainstreet, U.S.A. will be decorated featuring the three good fairies from Sleeping Beauty along with the wishing star. Sleeping Beauty Castle will be decorated as well!
In Disney’s California Adventure Park, Buena Vista Street will feature festive decorations as well including an 8-foot medallion at the end of the street. Carthay Circle Theatre will be festive as well and offer guests a beautiful backdrop for photos. Hollywood Land will feature embellishments inspired by Disney films from the past century. And for those of you taking advantage of MagicBand+, your bands will be able to interact with select Disney100 decor!
The parks will also feature a special Disney100 exhibit at The Disney Gallery in Disneyland, Disney100 merchandise, and unique dining offerings such as the Platinum Mickey Sipper and the Platinum Mickey Balloon Popcorn Bucket.
Also debuting in the parks:
Wondrous Journeys (January 27, 2023) – This 13-minute firework display in Disneyland Park will take guests through 100 years of storytelling from Walt Disney Animation Studios. This journey will certainly be nostalgic for the biggest of Disney animation fans.
World of Color – ONE (January 27, 2023) – World of Color at Disney’s California Adventure Park is taking part in the celebration. This reimagined show will honor the storytelling of Walt Disney and feature your Disney moments from The Lion King, Moana, Ratatouille, Soul, Star Wars, The Avengers, and more.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway (January 27, 2023) – Much like the ride already open in Hollywood Studios, guests will be able to join Minnie and Mickey for a picnic in the park only for everything to suddenly go wrong! This trackless ride will take you through multiple scenes featuring all of your favorite Disney characters.
“Magic Happens” Parade (February 24, 2023) – This popular parade is making its return to Disneyland for the Disney100 Celebration! It will feature Moana, Miguel and Danté from Coco, and many of your favorite characters from Frozen 2. And of course, Mickey Mouse will be leading the cavalcade through the park.
Mickey’s Toontown (March 19, 2023) – Perhaps the biggest news concerning Disneyland Park is the reimagining of Mickey’s Toontown. This area of the park closed in March 2022 to begin the reimagining process.
- CenTOONial Park – This new area is the first space guests encounter when they enter Mickey’s Toontown, and it is a natural space “anchored by two interactive play experiences.” It features a fountain (designed for play) and water tables for some additional fun. The fountain also transforms at night into a “unique spectacle.” Nearby, there is a “dreaming tree” inspired by the tree Walt Disney would daydream under as a child. The sculpted tree roots also provide children with an opportunity for play.
- Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard – This space incorporates a “whimsical sound garden where kids will discover new ways to make wacky noises, as well as enjoy an all-new, elevated clubhouse.”
- Donald’s Duck Pond – This splash area allows guests to look inside the boat through the portholes, where they can interact with favorite ducklings Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Webby.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster – This is a one-of-a-kind coaster specifically designed for kids.
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin – Take a “spin” in a runaway taxi through the streets of Toontown as you follow the adventures of Roger Rabbit.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Houses – Enjoy seeing the homes of your favorite Disney characters. (You may even get a chance to meet them!)
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Much like the ride already open in Hollywood Studios, guests will be able to join Minnie and Mickey for a picnic in the park only for everything to suddenly go wrong! This trackless ride will take you through multiple scenes featuring all of your favorite Disney characters.
- Café Daisy – Daisy Duck will serve up diner classics at this sidewalk table eatery.
- Toontown Farmers Market at Good Boy! Grocers – This will be a friendly roadside stand, offering grab-and-go drinks and treats.
Disney100 Celebration at Walt Disney World
The Disney100 Celebration commenced in April, after the conclusion of the 50th anniversary at Disney World. With a unique storytelling theme each month from April to September, the grand finale will be held at Epcot from September to December, marking the end of the 100th celebration in December 2023.
April – September
The Disney100 Celebration at Disney World will showcase a unique storytelling theme each month from April to September. Visitors can enjoy character caravans, parades, photo opportunities, and exclusive merchandise, adding to the magical experience.
Here’s a look at the themes for each month:
- April – Disney’s commitment to conservation and celebrating Animal Kingdom’s 25th Anniversary will be the main focus.
- May – A galaxy far, far away takes center stage with a focus on Star Wars.
- June – Pixar characters bring infinite fun and adventure.
- July – Mickey, Minnie, and friends will provide “swell fun” for everyone.
- August – Disney Princesses and beloved Frozen characters rule the kingdom.
- September – Super Hero adventures soar to new heights!
September – December
The finale of Disney100 will be an exciting celebration at Epcot, the main host of the anniversary. From September to December, visitors can enjoy a range of brand-new experiences at the park.
- World Celebration at Disney is getting a stunning new platinum Mickey Mouse sculpture in front of the iconic Disney100 sign, with Spaceship Earth as the backdrop.
- World Celebration will showcase a vibrant mural with 100 Disney characters. Located along the walkway to World Showcase, the area will be adorned with Disney100 platinum banners and décor.
- In the Imagination! pavilion, you’ll have the opportunity to meet Mickey and Minnie dressed in their stunning platinum attire.
- At night, Spaceship Earth will illuminate with a dazzling display of distinct colors and lights. Alongside it, the Disney100 anthem, a unique version of “When You Wish Upon a Star,” will play.
- At the 2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival and Festival of the Holidays, there will be special booths dedicated to Disney100. While details about the Festival of Holidays are not available yet, the Food and Wine global marketplaces will include Char & Chop, Wine & Wedge, Bubbles & Brine, and Swirled Showcase. These booths will open on September 22, coinciding with the start of the Disney100 celebration at Epcot. *Stay tuned for the specific locations.
- During Disney100, visitors at Epcot have the exclusive opportunity to buy the limited edition metallic Mickey Balloon Premium Popcorn Bucket.
- Epcot recently introduced a new nighttime show, following the temporary run of Epcot Forever, to commemorate its 100th anniversary.
- Disney Resort Hotels provide a range of entertainment options, including outdoor movie screenings, poolside parties with themed activities, and occasional surprises like the “Character Caravan.” Keep an eye out for roaming characters for photo opportunities.
- At Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Disney Springs, there are iconic Disney100 platinum signs offering enjoyable photo opportunities, often accompanied by a stationed Disney PhotoPass photographer.
- Disney is commemorating its 100th anniversary by offering a wide range of merchandise collections and treats, such as pressed coins, medallions, and tags.
- Discover the exclusive Disney100 Cinderella Premium Bucket, a magical souvenir found only at Magic Kingdom.
- While visiting the theme parks and hotels, be on the lookout for various merchandise collections commemorating the 100th anniversary.
Ready to Start Planning Your Disneyland Vacation?
Here are some resources to help you get started!
Ready to start planning your visit to Walt Disney World?
Here are some resources to help you get started!