The brand new Star Wars hotel in Walt Disney World – Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser – is officially launching in 2022, and reservations will open at some point in 2021! Disney gave us an inside peek on May 4, 2021, and we couldn’t be more excited about all this resort will have to offer. We don’t have all the details just yet, but here is what we know so far about this two-night immersive Star Wars experience.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
**The reopening of Walt Disney World is an ongoing process that is constantly changing. Be sure to visit our guide to visiting Disney World during the phased reopening for updated information to guide your vacation planning!
** Newly Announced! Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be launching for the first time on March 1, 2022! Reservations can be made beginning October 28, 2021! **
More than a hotel…
This isn’t your typical Walt Disney World Resort. You aren’t spending your days in the theme parks only to return to your hotel for the night. On the contrary, it is a full-on immersive experience. Think of it as a cruise ship… only you are boarding a ship to the galaxies rather than sailing on the ocean. Once you board the Halcyon starcruiser, you will become part of a unique interactive story including members of the crew, other passengers, your favorite Star Wars characters, and more.
Located just outside of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios, this resort will be for the ultimate Star Wars fan! (It sounds like it may be helpful to brush up on all things Star Wars before your adventure as it could come in handy!) It will be a two-night journey, and there will undoubtedly be some surprises along the way. (Again, think of it as a cruise at sea. You will not be able to book single-night reservations.)
When you first arrive for your adventure, you will be ushered into a launch pod, where you will experience a simulated launch into space. And once your capsule lands, the doors will open into The Atrium, which is considered to be the “heart” of the starcruiser where “crew and passengers gather.” In other words… be prepared for an “out of this world” experience! (This is NOT your typical hotel!)
We don’t know all of the details yet when it comes to onboard activities, but here’s a peek at what we know so far:
- Be among the first to see characters like Rey wield a brand new, more realistic lightsaber that has been designed by Walt Disney Imagineering Research and Development.
- You will be given the opportunity to learn the “ways of the lightsaber.” Guests may even uncover their own connection with the Force as you put your skills to test against a training remote.
- Tour the bridge of the ship and learn all about its navigation and defense systems. (Rumor has it that these skills may be of use at some point…)
- Guests will be encouraged to explore various places on the starcruiser (like the Engineering Room) and possibly even discover “hidden spaces.” You may even uncover some secrets.
- Your journey will also include an excursion to Batuu (inside Hollywood Studios) where you will be able to explore the Black Spire Outpost, search for a hidden Resistance base, and enjoy your favorite Star Wars attractions.
There are three different cabins to choose from that range in features and style:
- Standard Cabin – This cabin sleeps up to 5 passengers. There is a queen bed, 2 bunk beds, and a wall pull-down bed. In addition to a pullout table and TV, there is one window “with a view out into space.”
- Galaxy Class Suite – Featuring one bedroom, this suite sleeps up to 4 passengers. There is one queen bed and 2 wall pull-down beds. It includes all of the same amenities as a Standard Cabin, plus a double vanity bathroom, bar area, and 2 windows with “views out into space” and “a few extra Star Wars surprises.”
- Grand Captain Suite – Featuring two bedrooms, this suite can sleep up to 8 passengers. There are 2 queen beds, 2 bunk beds, and 2 wall pull-down beds. It includes all of the same features as the Standard Cabins, a living space, a double vanity bathroom, a second bathroom with a single vanity, a bar area, and 3 windows with “views out into space” and “a few extra Star Wars surprises.”
In true cruising fashion, dining will work very similarly to that of a cruise ship. We don’t know too much yet, but we know guests will be able to enjoy The Sublight Lounge (which was previously called The Silver C Lounge and will be for passengers of “all ages”) as well as the Crown of Corellia Dining Room.
It appears that the Crown of Corellia Dining Room will be the main place for guests to dine throughout their journey. It will offer both breakfast and lunch before transitioning each evening into a multi-course dinner dining experience. Its menu will include cuisine with both “otherwordly and familiar origins.”)
You will be dining with “an eclectic group of characters” featuring brand new characters as well as some familiar faces. And on one night of your journey, your dinner will include a live performance from a “galactic superstar who can captivate an entire room with the crook of her jewel-encrusted purple Twi’lek finger.”
Keep in mind that this is not simply a hotel. It’s a voyage unlike any other, which means pricing will be more comparable to an all-inclusive cruise ship rather than a hotel stay. Also like a cruise ship, prices will vary depending on dates, cabin size, and party size.
Here is a sample of the standard cabin rates for weeknight voyage departures:
- 2 guests per cabin: $1,209 per guest per night, or $4,809 voyage total
- 3 guests per cabin (2 adults, 1 child): $899 per guest per night, or $5,299 voyage total
- 4 guests per cabin (3 adults, 1 child): $749 per guest per night, or $5,999 voyage total
What Is Included in the Price?
All vacation package includes the following:
- A 2-night stay in a cabin or suite
- Valet parking
- All Meals (excluding alcoholic and specialty drinks)
- Entry to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, along with the rest of Hollywood Studios
- A scheduled opportunity to ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Quick Service meal at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo or other select locations at Hollywood Studios (meal includes one entree, one non-alcoholic beverage, or, if over 21, one alcoholic beverage where available, or one combo meal from the children’s menu for guests ages 3 to 9)
- Exclusive Galactic Starcruiser databand (similar to a MagicBand)
- Exclusive experiences, missions, and activities that allow you to immerse yourself into your own Star Wars story
Be sure to check back for more information as we get closer to the launch of this brand new Star Wars hotel!
Are you excited about the launch of Disney’s brand new Star Wars hotel? Be sure to visit my step-by-step guide to planning your next Walt Disney World vacation!